Sunday, September 7, 2008

7's & 9's

I had a very good session with my therapist this past week. I mentioned to him that my manic symptoms seem to be more pronounced now that I'm on medication. He explained to me that manic episodes and ADD are very similar. That really explained a lot to me because I've been jumping from thing to thing a lot lately.


Tonight Bananer took me out for a "date night" of putt-putt and bowling. Here are some random thoughts from tonight.

1. I suck horribly at putt-putt. I used to be better at it but tonight was typical of my putt-putt playing skills of the last few years. I finished the game at 11 over. Bananer was only 1 over. I unfortunately taught some little girls how to cheat by just picking up my ball and carrying to the other side of a tough hole. Whoops!

2. I had a severe case of the 7's and Bananer developed his own case of the 9's when we were bowling. We could not get away from them. It was almost scary. If I had not gotten that strike in the first game I would have had that score sheet printed to show all the 7's.

3. Is it just me or is it strange to see 10 year old boys wearing Nirvana shirts? This kid wasn't even born when Nirvana was popular. I wanted to ask him if he even knew who Nirvana was or if he just liked the shirt.

4. Why is it that running into old friends from high school is awkward? It's like you want to be nice to them because you were really good friends in school but you don't want to talk to them because you don't have anything to talk about anymore. Sometimes it makes me sad because I miss those friends that I had back then but then I have to remind myself that people grow apart over time and not every one stays friends forever. I think I got an email like that one time. Something about different friends for different seasons of your life.

5. Bananer really is a trooper for putting up with my shit over the past 2 1/2 years. He's doing a very good job at hanging in there while I'm trying to deal with my newly discovered mental disorder. I really don't know what I would do without him and I am eternally grateful that he has stood by me through all of this.



That's it boys and girls....time for bed.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

And I didn't even realize it at the time but the date was......9/7. How freaky is that?!