Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time for an update...

I've come to realize that I have not updated this blog in a long time. Those of you that read this blog regularly (all 1 maybe 2 of you) will notice that a few posts have been deleted (i.e. the posts pertaining to Lent). And those of you regular readers will know that those posts have been deleted because that chapter in my life has ended. The book has been closed. And I am pleased to announce that I am completely okay with it.

While it hurt like hell, I have been able to look back on that chapter and see that is really is for the best. It just wasn't meant to be and I'm okay with that. I have finally moved on.

With that said...I have wondered back into the world of dating. Wow...dating. That's rough. I haven't been "in the game" for over 3 years now. And now I'm embarking on it with my newfound mental friend. The decision to come clean to prospective daters is a tough one. I have found that I'm not ashamed of my friend and I do find that the ones I've come clean to have been suprisingly supportive. Nobody has run for the hills yet.

I have realized though that I'm already ready to pull my fishing pole out of the pond. I have recently reconnected with someone from my past and while I'm not sure where things will go I will say that I'm excited to see.

My handle on my mental friend has gotten better over the last couple of months. I have been reading just about every book that I can get my hands on and I have joined a local support group. I love the people in my group already and I've only been to two meetings. They are awesome people and I find myself wanting to help them as I help myself.

My handle on my mental friend has also amped up my itching to get back into school. I'm more than ready to embark on that journey and finally start doing something that I love. I'm looking into taking some sign language courses as well so that I can become a certified interpreter. I'm ready to help people.

So...I promise to update this blog more than I have been. Be sure to stay tuned for news from the "dating world" as well as my quest to get edumacated.

No comments: